Hello my stunning beauties there…Valentine’s Day is just a couple of days away,right? Are you guys confused with so many questions in mind on what to wear & how to impress your soul mate in such a way that he won’t be able to take his eyes off from you on this “Day-of-Love” ?
Okay, here is an fool-proof idea my beauties. As Valentine’s Day is a western custom, we instinctively wear western outfits on this day. But this time, I thought why not make a statement by wearing my favourite Indian ethnic wear- “SAREE”! Why to always think of wearing it on an occasion of Indian Festivals like Holi, Diwali or Onam. Why not on Valentine’s Day too…It’s something which no one will ever expect, right?
Before I start with the pictures, here’s a video of all these pictures clubbed together and some behind the scenes of the making of this shoot.
My saree inspiration comes from my favourite Bollywood divas like Bipasha Basu,Shilpa Shetty, Kareena Kapoor… haha specially in some Bollywood movies where their Chiffon Sarees keeps flying in the wind at any given point of the song you can think of 😂.
Jokes apart, the main reason why I chose Saree this time is coz for me Saree has always been the symbol of Sensuality and Elegance. It signifies the grace of Indian women adequately, displaying the curves at the right places☺
If you are a saree lover, or if you just want to look different, there’s no need to have second thoughts- wear a saree, this love season.
My Saree Styling tips:
1. For an appealing Valentines day look, I suggest Red or a Pink saree would be the ideal decision. And here I chose Red as you guys surely by now knows Red is my favourite colour❤❤Red of course is the first color that comes to my mind when I think of love & I am sure it is the same for you as well.
2. Pair it with the right accessories. Whenever I wear a saree I try not to wear neckpiece and earrings together. I usually wear one of them. In these pictures you can see me wearing only earring and there’s no necklace.
3. Add a bit of details on the blouse through subtle embroidery work to give the outfit the oomph it deserves, by drawing all the attention towards the intricate work. Here the blouse Styling is kept simple again…paired with a simple sleeveless dull gold stone work blouse which I can wear for different Sarees .
4. As I mentioned above, I always make sure that the accessorizing is kept to a bare minimum as the colour of the saree is bright, ‘coz there would be too much happening then and that is just not my style. Here I just wore a simple bangle and a watch on the other hand.
5. And my favourite Mac Ruby Woo Red lipstick enhances the look even more and that Red bindi completes the whole look.
Tell me, tell me-
Tell me guys, do you guys have more saree inspiring ideas on this Valentine’s day and also do you all want me to do a blog on various ways of wearing a saree with an indo- western touch. Do let me know in the comments below.
Photo courtesy: My dearest friend Naveen.
( Hi Naveen, You really made the whole Shoot so enjoyable and created some stunning shots. My Favourite shots are … are🤔 every single shots in fact😊, but these 3 are super well captured ⬇️
Editing, concept and styling, Makeup, hairstyle by myself
I hope you all loved this Bollywood inspired look for this Valentine’s day. Add to your beauty this Saree look and I am sure you won’t regret it!
Wish you all a wonderful Valentine’s day filled with happiness and love.❤❤❤