Ladies how many of you are a shopaholic like me? I am an impulsive shopper and always over excited when I go for shopping. You know it’s so easy to get carried away with all the beautiful goodies on display? But lately I learnt its worth to get into the habit of following some shopping tips so that you won’t regret later emptying your bank account! The reason why I felt the need to write this blog is coz I’m determined to stop someone at home always reminding me that “being a woman is expensive”😡. And you all know who that “Someone” is yeah? And so I’ve decided to Be a Wise-shopper WIFE😛😛.
So lemme share my 10 shopping tips on how to be wise shopper!!!
1. Plan well & Discipline yourself – When you go shopping, make sure you have a clear idea in mind of what you’re specifically looking for, as well as how much money you’re willing to spend. Make a shopping list and you’ll have some idea on how much you may spend on those items. Those beautiful girls at the store will for surely persuade you to spend more money than you previously planned on. It’s part of their business and I don’t mean to say that the advice they give you is not good, but just discipline yourself on how much you’re prepared to spend and try not to deviate from this.
2. Makeup shopping– When it comes to makeup shopping, if a product has caught your eye, I would without doubt tell you not to buy that product without a proper RESEARCH (especially if it’s an expensive product!). Never go for online shopping for makeup products. Go to the store and try on you skin if it may suit you or not. Also don’t just believe in the hype of high end products. Sometimes even some high end products may not suit your skin but it may for sure have a bit cheaper alternative that may suit your skin. So research well and try the product before you buy. You can visit the store twice or thrice to try the product before you actually buy. For instance if you wanna try on a foundation, try and get a sample of it and test it out for a few hours to see if it gets oxidised. So if the sample doesn’t live up to your expectations, I’m sure your pockets will be very thankful! And if you don’t NEED it, don’t buy it- Just because someone hypes a lot about a beauty product it doesn’t mean you should buy it if you really don’t need it.
3. Jeans shopping- I mostly go for shopping during sale. And you all know when there’s sale there’s no chance to even see the fitting room. When you wanna buy a Jeans, try the Neck Method by placing the waistline of the jeans around the diameter of your neck. If the waistline of the pant comfortably meets at back of your neck, then the jeans will fit. When in doubt, always choose the smaller denim size, since jeans stretch with wear. But they’ll stretch after only two washes.
4. Dress/ Jacket/ blouse shopping- If you don’t feel like trying on a dress or a jacket or a blouse but still want to see where the hem will hit you, align the shoulder exactly with your shoulder bone (not your collarbone). Specially when you buy a jacket be very careful with the fitting. If it’s too tight or too wide, leave it in the store, because this is one thing that even a good tailor finds it very difficult to alter.
5. Bags shopping- when I go for shopping, my attention always goes on colourful bags 😛 but one should have at least one quality bag in neutral, versatile colors such as black, brown, dark navy blue, and white/cream. This ensures that you can match them with the rest of your wardrobe without having to think twice about if the colors and style clash with the outfit. Size also matters. Unless you are carrying your laptop, go for a small or medium size to get that polished look. Shop smart and wait for sale for designer bags. The wait will be well worth it and your budget won’t suffer… that much.
6. Stock up on scarf- More than any kinda heavy jewlery I feel the simplest yet the classiest way to accessorise yourself is to put on a scarf. They come in different shapes, colors, sizes, materials and forms, so you’ll be able to find a type you’ll like, for sure. It’s the fastest way to accessorize, and it can turn every outfit looking like million bucks. That’s just my thought as I don’t like jewlery much. You don’t necessarily have to agree☺.
7. Shoes shopping- have any of you faced problems while trying on new shoes specially when you just loved a shoes but when the size is a bit small😟??? Don’t worry, you can stretch new shoes painlessly. Just fill a couple of freezer bags with water, place them in your shoes, and put them into your freezer to stay overnight, you’ll be able to see a huge difference in the morning. It works, I tried it.
8. Night-out-wear shopping- Choose a comfortable outfit as a must for your fun night out. For clubbing outift, If you don’t pick out your clothing items carefully, you might end up fixing up your outfit every couple of minutes, unable to have any fun at all. Start by choosing shoes which are comfy, and co-ordinate your outfit with them. You can always go for contrasts and when in doubt about shoes I prefer wearing Nude block heels. Make sure all items fit perfectly, so that nothing is slipping. I carry small clutch at times, but prefers sturdy sling bag, so your hands can remain free. The above are few pics of my this year’s long Eid weekend night out style. I don’t deck up too much while going for clubbing, so some of you may not like my looks here🙈.
9. Accessories shopping– I believe in Simplicity at it’s best. I don’t like to stack up and throw on too many accessories. All my friends and colleagues have barely seen me with any accessories, in even an ear ring. Anyways when doing accessories shopping remember to buy a few key pieces that will go well with all colours, prints and textures. Try to go for Statement jewellery in neutral colours when you get confused about the accessories to pick out. The ones shown in the above pics are of my kinds. Shopping for accessories may be one of the simplest things for so many people, but styling them correctly might not always come easy.
10. Bra shopping- (sorry no pictures of mine here please🙈). Always take your dress off and try wearing your bra. If you can’t fit two fingers underneath your bra band comfortably, it’s probably too tight. Also once you’ve tried on your bra, put your shirt or dress back on and see how it fits. Look at yourself from all angles to see how the bra gathers under your clothes before buying it. For bra shopping I would strongly recommend Marks and Spencers as their undergarments are very durable and has perfect fitting.
Following my these shopping tips may make it easy for some of you to save your hard earned money on products that aren’t worth it! I hope this blog post has been somewhat helpful to some of my readers who want to calm their shopping habits down a bit and save a few pennies. If you’ve got any more tips on this topic, please share your ideas here as it’s always something I’d like to get a bit better at!
Remember each of you have every right to live a beautiful life. So “glam your life”. Cheers to all and happy shopping😘😘
Follow me on Instagram for my daily updates @glamlifewithjigs.