Atlast after a year now, I’ve highlighted my hair and last weekend I spent a lot of time with my Hairstylist Anney. Anney is an expert with haircuts, styling and colouring & I’m a big fan of her work! I absolutely love the highlights she gave me and I just can’t get enough of them!!
Anney can analyse your hairtype and decide what colour suits you the best. Since I wanted a very subtle look, with a hint of colour, Anney suggested to go for deep praline browns instead of the lighter golds and blonds. Plus, I always wanted a highlight in browns since it looks amazing on Indian complexion… Anney gave me a voluminous blow dry after. What do you guys think about my straightened hair. Anyways I am not a blow-dried hair lover and I think my naturally curly hair is more gorgeous than this straightened look so I immediately washed my hair to get my curls back🙈. 😱Such a waste of time for Anney and me😛.
For those of you who want to get a haircut or hair colour done from Anney, her salon’s name is Areej in Karama,Dubai.
My style tips for hair highlights-
For those of you who doubt if colouring hair damages hair, “Hair coloring does not damage the hair”!! Ask me, I’ve colored my hair endless times since my college days and you really shouldn’t let such hair coloring myths hold you back from coloring your hair and saying yes to fashion this season.
Ok, so below are few of my tips after getting your hair highlights done-
1. Lighter hues draw more attention to frizzy hair so stay away from them unless your hair is healthy and shiny! Oh and after your first hair wash, the colour will stand out even more!
2. To protect my colored hair, I use the Wella Professionals shampoo and conditioner (for coloured hair) since it works amazing to keep your hair healthy and shiny!
3. To prevent water from washing away your vibrant color, Wash your hair less often. Shampoo just one or two times per week, and never more than every other day. This will help your color last longer.
4. Turn Down the Water Temperature When Shampooing Color-Treated Hair. Always make sure that you wash your hair in cold water.
5. Skip shampoo as much as you can and instead try conditioning your hair from time to time as conditioned hair always looks more shinier and healthier.
Gosh, it’s amazing how a new hairdo can make you feel so fabulous!! Play up with your makeup, your clothes and most importantly your highlighted hair glory and get right on the fashion bandwagon ladies! I love how beautiful my hair looks after these highlights . The praline brown really shines through while under the sun and makes my tresses look perfect. Hope you guys like the highlights as much as I do! 😛 Okay! Enough of my hair obsession! coming to my outfit….this desi Pakistani suit was my collection from India😛. I have got few more salwar suits lined up to be posted on my upcoming blogs this year😃.
“Remember you have every right to live a beautiful life. So glam your life. ”
Have a beautiful day!